At J & S Rook, we respect your privacy completely. Your personal information is private, so it is treated with security and confidentiality. We will never sell or pass it on to other companies – you can rest assured that your email and any contact details you’ve given us will not be passed on to any third party.
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files that are transferred to your computer when you visit websites. They can be used to enhance your experience on a particular website, for example, they may be used in conjunction with your shopping cart on an ecommerce site, or they may simply be used for marketing purposes to monitor site usage and activity.
What do cookies do?
- On ecommerce sites, cookies can store the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through checkout.
- Enable you to ‘log in’ facility to a profile account so you can see information relating to your account and manage your details.
- Record the areas in our site you have visited and for how long, as well as which pages you have viewed and your progress through the site. This to help us improve our website so that it’s easy to use and navigate.
Are cookies safe?
- Yes – they don’t harm your computer.
- Yes – they do not contain any information that could be used by others to identify you personally.
- Yes – they do not contain any confidential details such as your email address or payment details.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you would prefer not to have cookies from my website stored on your computer, you can change the settings on your website browser. You can find out how to do this in the ‘Help’ section of your browser, via the menu bar or visiting http://civicuk.com/cookie-law/browser-settings where there are details about how to manage cookies.
The cookies that are used
Google analytics cookies allow us to:
- Allow us to understand how visitors use the site, as well as provide valuable information about devices used and where in the world you have visited us from
- Help identify any errors so we can fix them.
- Gather information which helps us continually improve our website.
The data collected is completely anonymous, there is no personal information to identity a visitor stored or recorded.
- Allow you to share our website pages with social networks such as Facebook. For example, when viewing a post in a blog you may see a ‘like’ button. By clicking this, you will share the product on your Facebook page and Facebook will add a cookie to your computer.
To remember your chosen settings, a cookie will be stored in your current browser. If you delete all cookies from your browser, you will have to update these settings again.
If you use a different device, different account on your PC or a different browser, you will need to set your preference for them too. The settings you have chosen today will only apply to device and browser you are using now.
This policy was added in 14 August 2015
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by phone on 01628 625411.