Free Range Rare Breed Local Pork
Ensuring that we serve our customers with the best cuts of pork means we are constantly looking at who our suppliers are, and ensuring that those who do supply us farm their pigs to highest standards of animal husbandry.
Here at Rooks we have a very good relationship with our pork farmer. We use LL Bovingdon based in Princes Risborough,Buckinghamshire. It’s a family run farm with a real passion for pig breeding and pig husbandry. Lee and Laura Bovingdon only breed rare Welsh White Pigs a breed at one point was near extinction in the UK. The pigs are a slow growing breed with a delicious meat texture and tender meat. The animals are bred and reared to the highest of standards. The care and love that has been put into the animals really does show through in the taste and quality of the meat.
Our pork is butchered in house which allows us to provide our customers with a wide variety of cuts and joints.
English Pork Produced to Quality Standards
Our pork is sourced from only those farmers who manage their pigs in line with British farming standards.
- FREE from antibiotic growth promotors
- FREE from meat and bone meal fee
- FREE from hormones
Plenty of Choice
- Roast Joints - Rolled Spare Rib, Bone in Shoulder, Leg, Boned and Rolled Leg, Loin.
- A range of homemade Pork sausages. With over 20 different varieties that change weekly. These include Chipolatas, Cumberland, Pork and Sage, Pork and Leek, Wild Boar and Apple and many more.
- Loin chops
- Pork steaks and Tenderloins
- Dry Cured Bacon - Green Back, Smoked Back and Streaky
- Boned and Rolled Stuffed Loin of Pork